A successful career Leader
A passionate life Lover
A social development Enabler
A dedicated and devoted Husband
A life journey from grass-root to success
I have never imagined the success I have today;
but I have never thought that I can’t.
4L LIFE PHILOSOPHY
TO LIVE a fruitful, enjoyable and balanced life.
TO LEARN from the others’ strengths and experiences.
TO LOVE the work you need to do and the people around you.
TO LEAVE a legacy that people benefits from your contribution to the society.
|I require my colleagues in ‘Eight Spirits’:|
I was born in a typical local family in 1956. My father was a junior civil servant and my mother was a worker. When I was in secondary three, my father was forced to retire early because of acute cirrhosis, then I started to do part-time jobs such as working as a private tutor and martial arts instructor so that I would be able to continue my education. After finishing the matriculation level, I worked as a production assistant in TVB and was responsible for a programme called “EYT”.
I joint AIA Hong Kong in 1978. It has already been over 37 years. I also studied my Bachelor degree in the third year of work at AIA.
I tied the knot with Teresa Cheung, a famous singer in Hong Kong, in 1988. In the same year, I was promoted to be the AIA District Director.
As the Senior District Director and the Managing Director of Cheung & Yeung Co. Ltd, I am always dedicated to helping the younger generations. Young members make up the key elements of my team. I advocate work-life balance and I also devote my time in contributing to the society, social services work and nurturing the new-generation.
- Xiqu Centre Advisory Panel (West Kowloon Cultural District Authority) – Chairman
- Performing Arts Committee (West Kowloon Cultural District Authority) – Member
- Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts – Deputy Council Chairman
- Town Planning Board – Member
- Chinese Opera Advisory Committee (Home Affairs Bureau) – Member
- Chinese Traditional Performing Arts Panel (Leisure and Cultural Services Department) — Chairman
- King’s College School Management Committee- Member
- Hong Kong Strategy – First Vice-Chairman
- The Better Hong Kong Foundation – Council Member
- Radio & Television Hong Kong Programme Advisory Panel – Member
- Chinese Entrepreneurs Organization – Public Relation Chairman
- Political Consultative Conference Member, Sichuan Province
- Honorary Citizen of Chang Le City, Fuzhou
EDUCATION AND AWARDS
|2016||Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA)||City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|2016||Bronze Bauhinia Star||HKSAR|
|2013||Justices of Peace||HKSAR|
|2008||Medal of Honor||HKSAR|
|2006||Capital Leaders of Excellence Award|
|2002||Master of Business Administration||The Deakin University of Australia|
|2011-2017||Cantonese Opera Development Fund Advisory Committee (Home Affairs Bureau) – Chairman|
|2007-2010||Committee on Performing Arts (Home Affairs Bureau) – Member|
|2007-2009||Central Policy Unit of the Government of the HKSAR – Part-time Member|
|2006-2011||Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health – Member|
|2004-2005||Lions Clubs International District 303, Hong Kong & Macau, China – District Governor|